Located 1 mile north of Wakarusa, Indiana on County Road 3, then west 3/4 mile on north side of County Road 38. Several hundred feet off of County Road 38, on east side of small creek (Baugo) and north-west from farm buildings, located on private property. Can not be seen from road because of trees. Copied August 16, 1975 by Elkhart County Genealogy Society. It is large enough that it may have contained more graves than were actually found. No particular row of graves shown.
Stones were eroded, some broken and some were hard to read. A Civil War Veteran is supposed to be buried in this cemetery and according to American Legion Records it is John Morris.
Jacob Bell settled in Olive township in the early 1840's and this cemetery was started on a small tract of his farm on the east side of Baugo Creek. Isiah Shutt settled in the early 1880's on the farm just east of the Bell farm. Why it became know as Shutt Cemetery is unknown at present. Christian Maurer next came into the Bell farm and he had this for quite some time. Some folks have called this the Maurer Cemetery because of his ownership.
On private property