The area had been settled in 1830 and it derives it's name from the Soloman Creek, which lies just to the north. The creek received it's name from Solomon Hapner, a large land owner who lived in Noble County, owning land alongside this creek. The land on which the church and cemetery is located, belonged to an Alwine family. In 1865 a wood frame church was erected near the Claud Roach home. This was known as Zion church. The Brethren had erected a church nearby also and in the 1880's the building was in need of repair. At this time this building was moved and received the brick veneer facing. This building has been remodeled several times and is now known as the Solomon Creek United Methodist church. The plat of Mr. Prickett's cemetery addition of 1882 shows that a church was located to the north of the original cemetery. His addition is now that which is the section 2 of this cemetery.
Located on the northwest corner of County Road 33 & County Road 146 in Benton Township, Section 18, Elkhart County, Indiana. The old burying ground is in the southeast corner of the cemetery and alongside County Road 33. All rows were copied from south to north. The oldest readable stone is for Lavina Ott, who died September 3, 1830 in Row 1. This was copied by the Elkhart County Genealogy Society, August 5, 1978. Rechecked and updated October 19, 1987.