Located 1 mile south of Wakarusa, then 1 1/2 miles west on County Road 42. the cemetery was begun with the burial of Samuel Lockwood who died December 18, 1846 at age 77 years when he was buried on his farm at this site. A church was located in the northwest corner of the cemetery and this was eventually abandoned. The building was taken down in 1985. Started copying at the east side and from north to south. First copied in 1972. Rechecked in 1986 and because of known errors, was rechecked May 31, 1988.