Also known as Mennonite Brethern Cemetery
Located on the east side of County Road 11, about 300 feet south of County Road 38, north of the village of Southwest, in section 27 in Harrison township. It was founded in the mid 1840's believed in the David Hoover farm. A Mennonite-Brethren meeting house was constructed nearby in 1849. It was of log construction and 24 ft. square. The principal preachers at that time were: Jacob Christophel, Martin Hoover and Jacob Wisler. All preached in this meeting house. The oldest stone found was for Isaac Berkey, who died in 1845. It is said that David Powlus and Peter Smith and his wife were the first deaths in the community. No stones were found in the Yellow Creek cemeteries of the above-mentioned people.
The rows are not in a straight line. Copied by Ivan Nunemaker in the 1960's, starting by the road and working towards the east end. Rechecked in 1986.
"The Old Yellow Creek Cemetery began in the mid 1840s and by the 1860s it had become nearly full and new burials were needed. The Yellow Creek Mennonite Brethren Church relocated from within the old cemetery with the Mennonites moving across the road. This opened up more burial spaces at the old cemetery. Yellow Creek Frame Cemetery was organized about twenty years after the church moved from across the road and new land was acquired for future burials. Elmer E. Culp became the first recorded burial (row 8) in the new cemetery in April 1881. It was also about this same time that the Yellow Creek Union Cemetery (now known as the Yellow Creek Brick Cemetery) was first organized. The Brethren and the Mennonites, who had shared the old log cabin meeting house originally in the Old Yellow Creek Cemetery, now had new homes. The Mennonites had divided into two groups during the Funk-Wisler split in 1872. Each group reflecting on how each congregation would put into daily practice the same faith they shared. The two groups continued to cooperate and share not only the same church building, but also the same graveyard."